Saturday, December 06, 2008

Packing up my stickiest commission yet

Actually, I should say the commission wasn't sticky enough, given I had to make the giant clamshell box twice on account of the Great Wheat Starch Paste Failure of 2008. What went wrong? I see online that refrigerating the paste can compromise its efficacy, so I'll go with that answer for now, even though it doesn't explain why my paste never failed before.



Granted I still have a couple more clamshells to go, for a couple of the objects shown here, a stack of turn-of-the-century photographs and an Edwardian cigarette case. I'm happy to say I have the structure defined for A Tango with Atatürk, the letterpress project I finished earlier this month. (It won't be blue, however.) The tiny 10-copy edition just awaits the time I need to box it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home