Friday, April 24, 2009

Rejected!

All my dithering over whether to apply for Portland Open Studios hardly mattered; I didn't get in anyway. But perhaps I can try something new and different instead, say, a Crafty Wonderland or even a more homespun artisans' open house.

Right now, tho, I've got to complete three commissions — hooray! And I would love to hit the local paper sale before it ends this month, anticipating needs for the tango diary in particular.

I finally got around to making the scrap-paper bin for the bindery, replacing this lovely:












with


Constructed of bookboard, covered in handmade Nepali paper, and rimmed with Rohhalbleinen bookcloth, it should stand some whacking around by the studio monitor.

2 Comments:

At 20:51, Blogger helen said...

Love the bin..but is that Roy I spotted walking around the studio? Too cute!

 
At 00:00, Blogger fingerstothebone said...

Sorry about Portland Open Studios this year...competition was pretty fierce. And it's always so unpredictable how the jurors will go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home