Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Write on: After the milonga, recording the dances to remember



Here's a prototype of A Tango Diary (actually, I'm not even sure that should be the name). The cover will be different; I just used a tiny piece of leftover chiyogami from years ago.

I would love to find a way to have a dancer's shoes mark up a massive piece of paper that I would cut into pieces for the book, but apart from dancing on a shoe with a sole made of graphite, I'm kind of out of ideas. Anyway, I have time.

It's a tidy little book, fits nicely in the palm of your hand and also a pants or jacket pocket, and of course the shoe bag or purse. I mean to letterpress at least a title page and maybe a colophon, and that's it. The beauty of this book is in its spareness. The stories provide the color.

I did include two pockets at both ends of the book, for business cards, slips of paper, milonga tickets, and the like.


Here's a detail of the inset on the cover. The plan is to either letterpress or write the title in calligraphy and paste it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home