Monday, November 30, 2009

Books bathed in light


Setting up for the show at TaborSpace today (Southeast 55th and Belmont), I wiped down the stained-glass windows that form the background of my "book" display and boy did they glow. Perhaps they are too beautiful to be background even? I found myself wondering if they were from the famous Povey Brothers and whether my art was worthy of the space. It's an awesome spot for my work, sitting as it does right near the entrance, with a sloping brick shelf setting the "stage."

You're all invited to stop by tomorrow (Dec. 1) from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for refreshments and cheer at the opening reception. It won't be as awash in wine as our last opening (hic), but what else would you do on a Tuesday night?






photo by Mario -- thanks Mario!

1 Comments:

At 17:06, Blogger helen said...

I'll be there...you made everything look so cheery and bright!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home