Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where have you been all my bookbinding life?


I swear, sometimes what keeps me from bouts of bookbinding is the long, painful cleanup at the end, in particular washing the PVA and paste out of my brush. I feel like I'm draining the Bull Run watershed trying to get all those little white elastic bits out of the bristles.

On a lark I stopped in at my neighborhood hardware store and lo, the brush comb! What a difference a tool can make. I whip this thing out and my brush is clean in about 10 percent of the time it used to take. I have so much extra time I can post to my blog!

In a pinch, I bet you could even fix your hair with it but. very. carefully.

2 Comments:

At 15:25, Blogger Monica Holtsclaw said...

Oh, how useful! I'll definitely keep my eye out for one of those. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 19:33, Blogger helen said...

I use to tease my hair with something similar to that (check my recent post for proof!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home