Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The smallest jobs can mean the most

People often ask if I do restoration/conservation work on old books, and aside from making protective clamshell boxes and other noninvasive treatments, I don't. But I do make some exceptions.




Roy possibly loves his TRUCK book more than he loves TRUCKs themselves (and yes he does say TRUCK like that). So it was with heavy heart that we saw how much his favorite tome was falling apart; in fact, I doubted the book would make it to his second birthday. Luckily, I'm a bookbinder!

I took this "before" picture after I'd already made a lot of repairs to the spine and split pages. The book barely hung together.



Another happy customer

2 Comments:

At 18:12, Blogger helen said...

Great job on trucks and diggers and Roy is a cute happy camper!

 
At 10:08, Blogger Michael5000 said...

Aww, this post is teh awesomest....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home