Monday, May 24, 2010

If you squint, it's a mini Guggenheim


This tower of bookboard will look prettier soon. It's part of the latest wave of clamshell boxes to crest in the studio, brought on by a recent order and commission. I had to dust off my book weights, it had been so long.

Even though I'm still focused more on writing than anything, the bookbinding arm of Ma Nao Books has enjoyed a spike in activity. On top of the recent order came invitations to sell at some neighborhood events, and my gallery made another sale, this time A Tango with Ataturk. With just a few copies left of that book and little else in inventory, it occurs to me I better start creating.

It's all made easier by the incredible board shear and other handy tools at Em Space, saving so much time, utility blades, and wrist pain.


This week we welcomed back our studio friend from a trip to Denmark, where he had arms and legs reattached. That makes for two little monkeys hanging around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home