Thursday, April 26, 2018

It's official

Warner Pacific University students check out some tools of the
bookbinding trade (above and below) during my recent
presentation there.

The website for China Under the Covers: A Binder's Journey to the Roots of Books at last launched, and, judging by the orders, it works. What a relief—I was starting to think I'd be on a second edition before it went live; it just goes to show the weakest link in a publication process might be the one you think will be easiest to achieve.

Life is always full of surprises.

It's been a busy spring, including another chance to talk to Warner Pacific students about bookbinding, the power of story, and books' evolution from carved bamboo slats to the wonderful no-nonsense packages they are today.

I was just called to give a similar presentation early next year at the University Club of Portland. With an author-in-residence program, it appears to be a bastion of book lovers.

I'm also finally getting my personal library organized, one shelf dedicated to Authors I Know. If you have a story in you, but it's not on a shelf yet, what are you waiting for?
Panning right (above) and left (below), the shelf for works
by Authors I Know just keeps growing. Write on, friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home